Sunday, August 5, 2012
Mine was given to me as a gift. I’m one lucky girl- my grandmother must love me A LOT! This model, in particular, is not the cheapest on the market, but in my opinion worth every penny. It is not offensive to my no-nonsense style & it is Tough. Ryan goes everywhere with me & my family, and this travel system has proven invaluable. Whether it a stroll thru the mall, milling thru an outdoor festival, or jogging with me— it will go anywhere!
A few key points to make:
· The wheels are solid rubber, so you will never get a flat.
· The pumpkin seat locks in place on top of the stroller, facing the driver, for when LO is small –AND, a five-point harness keeps baby secure for riding without the car seat.
· Padded interior & Four Position Recline- keeps LO comfy no matter where your journey takes you.
· Available storage room underneath the carriage is excellent & easy to access without disturbing a sleeping baby.
· Offers complete buggy enclosure on occasions you may encounter inclement weather.
· Easy collapse is great for when you have your hands full (always).
· Swivel wheel allows turn on a dime steering & option to lock the wheel is great for travel over rockier terrain.
· Very excited- This travel system fits in my Jeep Wrangler! *You may want to try it out for yourself before leaving the store, but with the push of one button the front wheel comes off & I can’t imagine it not fitting anywhere if it fits in my Jeep.
That being said, I shopped around & found nothing on the market that compared to this one.
I vowed that life would not change when I had a baby & the Jive makes it easy to go-- This all-terrain vehicle is one I wouldn’t give back! Most importantly, Ryan likes it & when she’s in it, she’s safe J
Friday, August 3, 2012
Baby Things We Couldn't Live Without
*A few of our favorite things are listed below, along with why they got honorable mention. This may be helpful to those of you who find yourself shopping for a new little one of your own or a loved one.
Boppy PillowBy far, the best invention ever! Ryan had acid reflux when she was born & sleeping on this little piece of heaven let both her & I rest through the night. It provided just enough incline for her to get peaceful rest. And, now that she is bigger- it serves well as support for her as she learns to sit on her own.
KushiesThese clothes are the greatest - these clothes were given to Ryan as a gift & will remain a staple in her wardrobe. Worth noting... they are hassle free to order over the web, provide a line of earth-friendly clothing, & have numerous options for preemies. Ryan was only 5lbs when we came home from the hospital. Most of the newborn clothes I had were still too big, preemie clothes were tough to find, and getting out to shop was the last thing on my mind.
A great baby shower gift! Perfect for when mom is at her witts end and baby needs some soothing or sometimes when you just need to have your arms free for a few minutes.
Fisher-Price Cradle Swing - My Little Snug-a-Bunny
BouncerThe bouncer is something I may have not considered a must have, until a close friend gave me hers. Long lasting fun for infants & gives parents a break so they can get a few things done around the house while entertaining the little one.
Graco Pack-N-Play "Erin"We are still growing into all the uses this unit will have. I am a big fan of this one in particular because the changer is great-- sturdy & safe; it has excellent storage; the wheels make it easy to move around when need be; and the mobile is adorable. Oh, and did I mention it was reasonably priced? Gotta love that!
Eddie Bauer Heritage Tote Diaper Bag - GreenThis has proven to be worth it's weight in gold, sometimes it can be heavy :). Lots of pockets, not too flashy, the strap is great because you can wear it as a messenger bag, and it matches everything & everyone who may be carrying it. I love it because it doesn't scream baby. Personally, I'm a sensible girl & don't believe that everything must do so.
Bath BooksThis is one of our newest favorites. Ryan threw her first fit the other day when I tried to take it away & call quits on bath time... she was getting prunie! I've heard from friends that their little ones have had the same reaction.
Soon I'll be touching on the best travel system ever, my research on jumpers/walkers, and plans for conversion car seats. Ryan is growing :)